Monday, November 7, 2016

Israel Asks For A King, Jezebel's Fate


As the saying goes, the only thing we learn from history, is that we don't learn from history:



Israel Asks for a King


1 Samuel

1When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a] The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.

So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah.They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”
But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers.14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a kingover us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord.22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”
Then Samuel said to the Israelites, “Everyone go back to your own town.”




John 18:36
Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”





The Parable of the Ten Virgins


Matthew 25

 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
“At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
“Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
“‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’
12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.


1 Kings 21
15 As soon as Jezebel heard that Naboth had been stoned to death, she said to Ahab, “Get up and take possession of the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite that he refused to sell you. He is no longer alive, but dead.” 16 When Ahab heard that Naboth was dead, he got up and went down to take possession of Naboth’s vineyard.
17 Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite: 18 “Go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who rules in Samaria. He is now in Naboth’s vineyard, where he has gone to take possession of it. 19 Say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Have you not murdered a man and seized his property?’ Then say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: In the place where dogs licked up Naboth’s blood, dogs will lick up your blood—yes, yours!’”
20 Ahab said to Elijah, “So you have found me, my enemy!”
“I have found you,” he answered, “because you have sold yourself to do evil in the eyes of the Lord. 21 He says, ‘I am going to bring disaster on you. I will wipe out your descendants and cut off from Ahab every last male in Israel—slave or free.[a]22 I will make your house like that of Jeroboam son of Nebat and that of Baasha son of Ahijah, because you have aroused my anger and have caused Israel to sin.’
23 “And also concerning Jezebel the Lord says: ‘Dogs will devour Jezebel by the wall of[b] Jezreel.’
24 “Dogs will eat those belonging to Ahab who die in the city, and the birds will feed on those who die in the country.”



7 comments:

foretastes said...

As it was from the beginning — history repeats itself. The spirits of Ahab and Jezebel are alive and well. And people still demand a king rather than God to rule over them. It's all playing out just as the Lord said it would. Soon we will be called Home. As time and evil marches on it becomes most evident that this in not our home. Maranatha!!!!!!!

foretastes said...

Revelation…

6 Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.

7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Sparky said...

You know ,,I am shocked on how little Christians are aware of the times we are in , I mean it in love , but I'm shocked , there are Christians debating between trump and Clinton , THEY ARE BOTH LUCIFERIAN ILLUMINTI , I try to sound the alarm without highlighting myself , it's very difficult , but I'm blessed enough to hear from God , I'm not talking about reading the scriptures and being guided , I hear direct , I'm just going to pour all this out and hope some wake up , QUICKLY ! There is an end time battle , the anti Christ is coming , God has chosen an end time army to do battle on his behalf , I will give you posts about the end time army , and posts about what is to come that we are to fight ! I suggest Google all of theese to get the picture , because I'm shocked at how very few are awake , which brings me to the first post to Google " Rosie lovejoy mighty men of valour ! God will soon speak through the 144000 , wings of prophescy - I am looking my army ! Wings of prophecy - persecution , Blazing fire ministries - the lords end time army , u tube video , wings of prophecy - huge end time battle coming ! RTIGHT ! So that the army God has raised up , if your in it , YOUR KNOW IT ! Right , who are what are we fighting ??? Google , Jason Carter - beyond earthly realms anti Christ rising ! The coming anti Christ - alpha news ! Basic understanding of the new world order - Jesus is saviour ! And def def prophescy in the making ! I'm not posting this to highlight myself I'm not , BUT WAKE UP GUYS , we are in the last days of the last generation !

Sparky said...

And the imminent return of Christ , which you will find in the Jason Carter chapter , I AM NOT HIGHLIGHTING MYSELF , but I have a responsibility to shout , and warn , that's what prophets / watchman do , THEY SHOUT , WARN AND SOUND THE ALARM , AND I WONT APLOGISE FOR TRYING TO FULLFILL MY CALLING , and as this veil comes , we are CALLED TO GET LOUDER AND LOUDER AND LOUDER , so now would be a good Start !

Sparky said...

Good post on behold I come , final act of betrayal by leaders , great u tube video , the seal of God by dr Ivan panin , once again , please please please don't think that I think I'm better than anyone , I don't know why God has chosen a sinner like me , messed up more than most , but I can't change it and I REFUSE TO BACK DOWN FROM IT , the enemy would love that , Much love to you all xxx

Sparky said...

One last thing scot , Google Mark Chen new world order , it will help confirm your dream bro , it was from God to you bro , I know how you feel being timid with what God gives you , and you will get many come against you , bro , I've never felt so alone with this, but the wings of prophescy - end time battle coming , God says we are alone , I'm not trying to fit that prophescy , but it how it's working out , non believers think Christians are nuts , and Christians with annointings are considered nuts amounts thier own , is why I know I have to stay alone , but your dream was very very relevant for you scot , the evil that's coming in this anti Christ is much underestimated ! That's about all I can say ! But we are All Equal in gods eyes , NO ANOINTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANOTHER , one body , just different working parts ! It's all about the KING , King Jesus ! And we are ALL going to spend eternity together because of Christ ! There a particular Post from wings of prophescy - persecution , and I won't be the only one , I've been asked , but we will all suffer persecution , but look at the end of the post " when we are in heaven for eternity , it won't matter ! We all need to remember , this is coming , and take your promises in Christ , WE ARE ETERAL , we are seated with Christ ! There is nothing Satan - anti Christ - the new world order can ever take away from us , WE HAVE A CROWN TROOPS ! Take it , grasp it !

Sparky said...

Psalm 14:1 !!! Can you believe ? I'm listening to channels , truly it's a fool that says there is no God , with all their millions , they are a joke , they really are psalm 14:1