Sunday, November 18, 2012

Israel - Gaza: Ground Operation Imminent?





The signs are all pointing to a ground war by Israel into Gaza - and probably soon:




Defense Minister Ehud Barak hinted Sunday that a ground assault on Hamas in Gaza is imminent.
"The forces are ready. Everything isprepared, there will be food for everyone, excellent equipment, trained soldiers, the reserves are being absorbed quickly and we will carry out anything that is needed to ensure the aims of the operation are achieved," Barak said.

"The continuation of the operation is a given," Barak explained. "We will continue to operate, strike and perhaps even the amplify the operation, vis-à-vis the launch devices, vis-à-vis the activists and the other things, and if there is a need we will not hesitate to launch a ground operation."





Speaking Sunday night, Interior Minister Eli Yishai said that it was likely that Operation Pillar of Defense would continue – and be expanded as well.
“The operation must continue,” Yishai said in an interview on Channel Two. “It will be expanded as well. We are prepared for a land operation,” Yishai said.

Yishai said that the war against Gaza terrorists needed to be “so painful and difficult that the terror groups will not think twice, but a hundred times before they fire missiles against Israel again.” Yishai is a member of the interior security cabinet, so he is privy to top-level government security decisions.
Yishai also advocated causing major damage to Gaza's infrastructure. “Destroy and damage infrastructure, public buildings and government buildings. Do not leave them any place from which they can operate to damage Israel. We must be sure that Hamas will be spending many years in rebuilding Gaza, and not in attacking Israel,” Yishai said.




Israel has sent a representative to Cairo for mediated talks with Hamas regarding the possibility of a ceasefire – but these talks have failed,according to a Hamas spokesman quoted by Channel 2's Ehud Yaari.


Yaari said that Hamas is broadcasting fantastic claims of its alleged military successes against Israel, including the supposed shutting down of Ben Gurion Airport.

U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has announced that he will be visiting the region on Tuesday, as diplomatic activity surrounding the Israel-Gaza conflict intensifies.
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius arrived in Israel Sunday and met Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. Netanyahu told Fabius: "First of all, the fire [from Gaza] must stop, and only then will we be willing to talk about the rest. Half of Israel is under rocket attack and this situation cannot continue."
On Monday, German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle is due to visit. The United States is reportedly deeply involved in behind-the-scenes talks in the hope of reaching an agreement by the time Ban Ki-Moon arrives. 



9 comments:

Dylan said...

It makes sense. They're running out of out-in-the-open missile launch targets to hit. Plus they're trying to minimize civillian casualties. A ground operation is the only real option to both minimize civillian casualties and to search out targets that can't be effectively hit using airstrikes.

Mike said...

Well I havent posted in a while, but I just have to weigh in....it seems to me that when Israel commences with the ground operation, that the fuse to this whole thing will be lit. With the rumors of chemical weapons, Egypt threats, and the sudden 'silence' in other areas....it seems it could be what sets things ablaze....actually there isnt enough room on here to convey all the speculation that I could speculate on....All I can say is, it looks to me as if the dominoes are in motion.

Such an amazing and exciting time we live in and I feel honored to be living in such times as to watch bible prophecy unfold in front of me, knowing that we will very soon be meeting our Lord!

On another note.....this is a very important request to me. Those of you who remember my requests for a very good friend over the past year or so, Michele....regarding her missing aunt, and my witnessing to her....and the fact that she was not open to hearing about Christ, and who He is, and what He has done for us.....many of you here have prayed, and her aunt was found within hours of the prayer request hitting this blog, and I prayed that would make a difference to her in God working in her life.....

Well....I asked her to read the last 9 pages of Scott's book (just an awesome book, and a perfect summary at the end!)....and if we could talk after. We did, briefly, and I was very encouraged an amazed to hear her acknowledge that she believes what she read...

My request is, I am going to talk to her again either tomorrow or Wednesday, and I am asking that those who have prayed, and anyone else who feels compelled, to pray for me....and for God to give me the words, and for Michele, to understand, and for God to speak to her heart.....as I am going to talk to her about accepting Christ. If you all only knew how amazing it would be, because three years ago, i would NEVER been able to have this conversation....but I am convinced she is going to acknowledge and accept Christ....

Thank you all who will join me in prayer for this person....who has had a very, very tough time....but I believe just may be ready to give her heart to Jesus!!

THAT......is the one reason I see God's hand holding things back as He has....for the last ones...the full number......to become part of the body of Christ!

Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate all the prayer we can get.....

I will post the result of our conversation.....(provided we are still here...;) )

Thank you guys......

Scott said...

Mike - you certainly have my prayers - good luck with this - keep us posted

Mike said...

Thanks Scott.....much appreciated....and thanks for your contribution through YOUR words! (words, no doubt, inspired by God!)

Scott said...

Its my pleasure, it really is. I thank God all the time that He allows me to do what I love doing. I'm very blessed in that way. Maranatha brother - it won't be long now

Anonymous said...

Stephen,

Once we are up in heaven,there is no more complaining. There will be only joy...joy...joy... I personally can't wait to see how you actually look like brother.. Once we are in heaven, maybe I will come by & give u a big hug :)

Scott said...

Stephen
You come on here and you mock the rapture, therefore you mock God and His word. I'm not having that here. Period. You should know that by now.

Anonymous said...

Scott, I love your blog so much! Thank you so much for taking the time to pull all of this information together. I have a question for you. Is there a blog entry (possibly from the past) or could you post one that kind of gives us an idea of why what is going on in Israel is so important and what Scriptures point to it? My 20-something daughter is asking a lot of questions and I want to point her in the right direction. We both sense an urgency in our spirit. Thanks so much, brother!

Leslie

Scott said...

You may want to check out my book, which basically has everything - its in the upper right hand corner of this blog - the link is to amazon.

I'll look around and see if I can find a summary on line as well.

I'm in a rush right now - but perhaps someone else on the blog has a good link or site to go to.
Maranatha!