Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Evening Update: "Strong Explosions" Shake Eilat

Grad Rocket Traces Found In South Eilat, After Strong Explosions Shake The City

Security forces found traces of a Grad rocket near a building site in the Shahamon neighborhood in south Eilat early on Thursday morning, after strong explosions shook the city.

The strong explosions were heard approximatley twenty minutes after midnight on Wednesday. No injuries or damage were reported.

Police found traces of the rocket near a building site, about 150 meters from a residential area of the city. Security forces are continuing to search for traces of rockets, which are thought to have been fired toward the city from the Sinai Peninsula.

Ron Gertner, police commander for the Eilat district, said that, "according to estimates, the rocket was fired from the Sinai area," adding that “investigations will continue in the morning, and only after their completion will we be able to reach any final conclusions.”

A senior security official said last month that several terror groups are now at large in Sinai. These include local Bedouin, who are adopting the ideology of the Global Jihad; groups supported by Iran, who are trying to recruit and train militants not only in Sinai but throughout Egypt; and Palestinian organizations. Joining them are Global Jihad militants from Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Saudi Arabia, said the official, adding that Israel and Egypt have a common interest in combating these terrorist elements.


Eilat District Police commander Ron Gertner said that the southern city has been on full alert due to the upcoming Passover holiday, Israel Radio reported.

Gertner added that Eilat has been reinforced by additional forces that have arrived to assist police in handling the aftermath of the rocket fire incident.

Israeli authorities are coordinating with their counterparts in Jordan to discover the source of the rocket fire, according to Army Radio. The IDF stated that it is investigating the incident.

Israel has called on Egypt to increase its efforts to restore order in Sinai and to prevent attacks, but the Egyptian military has held back from dismantling the Hamas infrastructure in the peninsula. The IDF has beefed up its forces along the border and recently established a new regional brigade that is responsible for defending Eilat and nearby areas.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yet, not today as some people
would like it......in fact, stocks
are UP again tonite.....

AS STATED earlier, BULLS still have
NOT given up and therefore I am NOT
convinced of a trend change yet.

MORE evidence is needed.

I am NOT sure WHY the end has not
come yet, all I know is that it
has not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Would be nice if it did, but
things are NEVER that easy I
guess.

We will see what happens next.

Stephen >>>>>>>>>>>>

Robin said...

Stephen, futures are only up by 12. One third of the world markets are up tonight . . .two thirds are down and in most cases, down in a big way. Keep in mind, the only ones trading right now are Asians and they're no doubt looking for bargains after today's sell off.

Something else worth considering . . .one of the signs, no doubt, is an economic downturn. But not only does it NOT mean simply in the US . . .but many believe, myself included, that the US markets are being artificially propped up with Fed Bills to stave off panic on Wall Street that would pose a rippling effect. If that's the case, it can't continue much longer a the debt has simply become to great an issue to ignore.

Caver said...

Stephen, Robin is right. It's not a natural market...its rigged and not an indicator of the public's sentiment.

The Fed is creating money out of air to artificially buy up debt and securities through several layers of "money laundering" to make the market appear something its not.

Anonymous said...

I don't know where to put this, so am posting hw=ere tho off topic. Recently I went to MD for memory oroblems which were affecting my work. I am RN. Long story short-after blood tests, short memory testing and exam, MD ordered MRI-showed changes in brain and am now to see Neuro on 4/9.
I had to take LOA from work as they decided I was not safe, and now am not getting paid. My MD says prob early onset Alzheimer's. My Momma had it and passed away 2007.
I am just overwhelmed. Please pray for my children and husband. I dont know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow.
Mommaw

WVBORN56 said...

Lifting you up in prayer Mommaw. Amen on knowing who holds tomorrow. Thank you Jesus. It seems many are coming under attack in a physical way in these last days... at least in my circle. I'm not sure of the significance other than we will appreciate our heavenly bodies all the more! It is probably different for each individual. I know every time this happens to me my focus on Christ is intensified as well. I wish it could be a differnt path but for some reason this is how it works for for me. Keep the faith Mommaw. God is good, of that we can be sure!

Scott said...

Mommaw
We'll have our glorified bodies very soon. Lets hope the gathering up occurs before you experience any significant symptoms and you have a very slowly progressing scenario. God Bless

Caver said...

Mommaw, rest assured the Caver has you lifted in prayer....you and the entire family.

mary said...

Mommaw, I also will praying for you and your family.
Psalm 56:3 "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you O'God"
Psalm 73:26 "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart.
He is mine forever"

GG said...

Hi Mommaw~

I will be praying for you as well. Thank you for those you have taken care of in years gone by. Now it's time for you to be taken care of by the great physician himself.

God Bless!!

GG

Waterer said...

Mommaw,

You are in my prayers! This runs in my family too and I know how this is a threat to peace of mind.
YOu are precious in HIS sight and His plans for you are still full of hope and light.
Praying for your courage and joy in His sufficiency.
Soon and very soon we are going to see the King!

Mrs.C said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Mommaw! What a Blessing it is to see your name again dear Sister! Im so sorry to hear of your troubles!
We are lifting you up in Prayer Sis, and know that He is with you! Nothing can ever separate us from His Love!
God Bless You Sis! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for praying for me. My children are being blessings and of course my grandbabies are wonderful. My sweet husband is vowing to take care of me and love me always. Hugs and kisses are the best meds.

Going Home before this disease takes me away from my loved ones is my Prayer. I rest in his hands.
Mommaw