Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Message Worth Repeating

Joel Rosenberg has the following message on his blog with a related link and both are worth repeating. The complete message is seen below with the included link to an important (brief) video:



Lynn and I just attended a beautiful memorial service and funeral for our friend, Cindy Cofer. We will miss her, and we’re praying for the Lord to comfort her dear husband, Frank, and their three daughters. It was wonderful to hear her friends’ tributes, and her daughters’ tributes, and Frank’s lovely tribute to her. Sweet stories of good memories. But it’s hard to say goodbye to a friend. The good news is that her family knows — and we know — that Cindy is in heaven with Jesus because she believed in her heart that Jesus is the Messiah. She put her full faith in Jesus Christ and received Him as her Savior when she was young. She trusted Him completely to forgive her sins, and served the Lord faithfully for many years.

The Bible says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, even to those who believe in His name.” (John 1:12) And Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26)

That’s the central question, isn’t it: Do you believe this? Funerals are hard. They make us come face to face with our own mortality. But funerals are important. Because they make us come face to face with our own mortality. The simple hard fact is this: we’re not going to live forever in this world. The question is whether you will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, or eternity in Hell separated from the Lord forever. I am so grateful that Cindy has been in heaven since Tuesday. And I have to ask on a day like today: Where will you be? Do you know for certain? Is there any doubt? There doesn’t have to be. Let today be the day you receive Jesus Christ and your Savior and thus be absolutely certain that you will go to heaven when you breathe your last breath on this earth. Here’s a link to a simple, clear explanation of the Gospel. Read it. Process it. Bow your head and pray to receive Christ in your heart. And then tell someone what you did and begin to read the New Testament every day and learn more about who Jesus is and how He wants you to live for Him. God bless you.

7 comments:

Mike said...

I read Joel's blog with this on it before, and it definitely IS worth posting again. It is to the point, makes a person think, and very powerful.

Just an update about my friend, for those of you who are praying for Michele...(I will be sending her this article by Joel, by the way)...I have given her The Daniel Project to watch (www.thedanielprojectmovie.com) and will follow up after she has watched the interview. She is having trouble right now, and not making the best choices as far as her 'rebounding' after her divorce. She has been hurt again, already, by this person, and I have been trying to guide her in a way that is not overbearing, but also trying to guide her to Christ to fill the void she is experiencing.

I ask that those who responded, the Cavers, Mary, GG, and whoever else would help, to continue your prayers for Michele...that God will open her eyes to the truth, and the He will use me as He will to lead this special person to Christ...sooner than later.

Thank you!

Mike

Dave DU said...

You know the devil and his demonic minions are doing all they can to sway, divert and frustrate the focus of human beings on what really matters and that's "faith working through love".
Along with the trials and testing of family disputes in our lives, I find it difficult to keep the focus of the Lord Jesus Christ first and foremost in my mind. "what would Jesus do" is the first "saying" that generally comes to mind after a blown oportunity to let the wisdom of God be displayed. The forgetfulness driven by the heat of the moment is common to this person but the aggravation is even worse.

I don't know, the process of growth is far too slow for my liking and every day I empathize with Paul in everything in what he said in Rom 7. Who will deliver me from this death ridden body? Non other than Jesus Christ the one true Messiah, the Son of God.
You say my Muslim friend that God doesn't need a son. What philosophy is that? What groundless argument can you base that on? Jesus is who he is and my friend you will one day face him and give an account for all your baseless arguments. Repent in the name of Jesus Christ everyone of you call on his name before the wrath of God's judgement falls on every human being who knows better than to blaspheme the Holy Spirit by driving the Son into your wilderness and making him pay once again what has already been paid.

I rest my case. Come Lord Jesus.

Caver said...

Mike, prayed that He give you the words, actions, strength, and peace to be the friend Michele needs right now. Also that He prepare her heart that she may hear and believe and come to faith.

GG said...

Dear Mike-

You got it! Let her know that we are praying for her here. There is beauty on the other side of this hardship. I promise!

God Bless!!
GG


Matthew 17:20

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed)

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard
seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to
yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be
impossible unto you.


Matthew 8:26 He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so
afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the
waves, and it was completely calm.

Matthew 13:31 He told them another parable: "The
kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man
took and planted in his field.

Matthew 17:9 As they were coming down the mountain,
Jesus instructed them, "Don't tell anyone what you have
seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead."

Matthew 17:19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private
and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"

Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you
have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was
done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain,
'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

Mark 9:23 "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible
for him who believes."

Mark 11:22 "Have faith in God," Jesus answered.

Mark 11:23 "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this
mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not
doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will
happen, it will be done for him.

Luke 17:6 He replied, "If you have faith as small as a
mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be
uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

John 11:40 Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you
believed, you would see the glory of God?"

1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can
fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a
faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am
nothing.

Mike said...

Thank you so much for your dedication to prayer, and for your support in continued prayer for Michele....I am very grateful....I will keep you posted on the progress....I am trying so hard to bring her to Christ.

And GG..it is interesting, in that the verses you posted are some of the very ones we studied in out service this morning!

I know God is at work here....I get discouraged sometimes, but I have faith...it is not 'If you can', as the man said about his demon possessed son....it is 'Lord, I trust you that you will answer our prayers, without a doubt". May His will be done....

Thank you all again for your prayers....

Mike

mary said...

Mike,Jec,Hartdawg,my heart goes out to all of you and thankyou for asking for prayer again.I will be praying for all of your situations, and we will trust God in these trials.
Revelation 21:4" He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." What an awesome God we serve! your sister in Christ,mary

GG said...

Hi Mike~

I am pleased to say it is the HS at work. Sometimes I can be listening and watching and he will prompt me for his work.

You should see the times I have thought that the timing or the verbiage didn't make sense but I did it anyway. :) I believe things are going to work out for his Glory. We will be praying hard for this precious soul and strength for you and your family.

God Bless!!

GG